The Future of Learning
In a world where the rapid pace of technology change is affecting all industries, the way we learn and adapt to that change is fundamental to a successful future. It is critical that we prepare students for an uncertain and rapidly changing future, but also engage with business leaders to help them to adapt and thrive and support staff to meet the challenges of technology driven change.
The Future of Learning experience:
A one-day conference on 9th July 2018 will provide the community, businesses, educators and youth with the opportunity to explore some of the changes anticipated in the future of learning, connected to exponential technologies and the changing world. With an opening keynote from Knowledgeworks and several keynotes during the day, each speaker will link back to the way in which technology contributes to the future of learning from a deeply human perspective. See www.futureoflearning.nz for full programme and list of speakers.
Register for the event now for an exciting opportunity to shape the future, a coming together of like minds from different sectors, backgrounds and generations.
The Future of Learning will engage students, staff, educators and business leaders to:
- Be informed
- Be inspired
- Be challenged
- Become a part of the future of learning
Be a part of this exciting experience to:
- Understand rapid technology change and some of its features
- Dig below the techno-hype to explore the interaction with people and learning
- Learn about the challenges and opportunities for business and education
- Be inspired by thought leaders
- Cross-pollinate, collaborate and co-create the Future of Learning
Who should attend?
- Multisector individuals interested in the future of learning
- Those interested in the future and who want to find out more about futures thinking and exponential technologies
- Lifelong learners with a desire to stay ahead of the curve
- Organisational development and training professionals
- Leaders who want to help their staff thrive in the digital world
- Education thought leaders and change protagonists
- Those who support social action, participation and open source collective impact
Where is the event?
This exciting event is being held in Ōtautahi, Christchurch – the City of Opportunity.
Christchurch is a place of transformation – where change and innovation have been embraced, creating a strong ecosystem and a vibrant place to live and learn. The post-quake rebuild has been an opportunity to reinvent the city’s identity – and innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship have all played a key part, across the city.
- A two-day Masterclass for up to 40 selected leaders of today, from a range of different backgrounds and experiences Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th July 2018 (buy tickets here)
- A two-day Masterclass for up to 40 leaders of the future, young people from Year 7-10 and their mentors 10 -11 July (by application only on www.futureoflearning.nz)
- A City Conversation to explore the next stages for development 12 July (by invitation, register your interest on www.futureoflearning.nz)
- An ongoing community of action.