AI in the Classroom – how can we work together to achieve the best outcomes for students?
This is a Tech Alliance event
- Free for members of EdTech and AI Forum
- $25 for non-members
Technology in general, and AI in particular are becoming much more common in educational settings. Stakeholders in the education system – students, teachers, parents, the government, technologists, and others all have different perspectives on what “good” is. This Connect Event brings these perspectives together in a discussion seeking to improve collaboration, to achieve innovative outcomes for students. We’d like to hear your views too, so come along and join the conversation.
The session will begin with an interactive game, followed by a panel discussion moderated by Dave Moskovitz, panelists will include – a student, a teacher, a parent and representatives from the Ministry of Education, EdTechNZ and the AI Forum.
- Simon McAtamney – Deputy Principal, Newlands Intermediate
- Jamie MacKenzie, Student, Wellington High
- Alana Pellow – Council Member, EdTechNZ and BD Manager, Education NZ
- Stuart Wakefield – Chief Digital Officer, Ministry of Education
- Duane Grace – CEO, Edusystems
- Emma Naji – Executive Director, AI Forum NZ
Following this there will be the opportunity to network and continue the discussion.
Drinks and nibbles will be provided.
Thank you to AWS for sponsoring this event
- Date: Tuesday 15 June
- Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm (doors open at 6:00pm)
- Location: Southern Cross, The Guest Room, 38 Abel Smith Street, Wellington (in person only)
- Cost: Free for members, $25 for non-members