EdTechNZ’s key purpose is to drive creative use of technology in education, inside and outside the classroom, to facilitate a world class education system for all New Zealanders and to showcase New Zealand education technology to the world. EdTechNZ brings together a national community of edtech innovators, investors, developers, educators, industry and policy makers, and connects this community to global edtech ecosystems.
To continue building on our success, it is critical to have the drive and support of a purposeful Executive Council. We are now seeking nominations for our Executive Council. We encourage you to consider who you think could make an impact as a member of the EdTechNZ Executive Council, as well as our desire to have diverse representation.
Executive Council Nominations
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward or nominate someone else for a role on the EdTechNZ Executive Council. This year we have vacancies for the following positions:Other Corporate (1 position)SMEs & Start-ups (2 positions)Education (1 position)Government (1 position)The nominees for the above positions must be from an EdTechNZ member organisation, and be from the same EdTechNZ Group that they will represent on the Executive Council.
All nominations must be entered into the online form here by 5pm, Thursday 16 September 2021.
EdTechNZ Executive Council roles and responsibilities include:
- Direct and supervise the business and affairs of EdTechNZ
- Attend bi-monthly Executive Council meetings, usually one and a half hours in duration (video conferencing available)
- Represent EdTechNZ at industry events and as part of any delegations to government and other key stakeholders
- Assist with managing and securing members of EdTechNZ
- Participate in EdTechNZ working groups and projects
- Where agreed by the Executive Council, act as a spokesperson for EdTechNZ on particular issues relating to working groups or projects
- Be a vocal advocate of EdTechNZ.
Voting will take place online in advance of the meeting. The results will be announced at the Annual Meeting. Please see the Charter for an outline of the Executive Council Membership and election process. Each organisation has one vote that is allocated to the primary contact of the member organisation.
Annual Meeting Details
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for 3:45pm on Thursday 21 October 2021 and will be held via Zoom. Please register to attend here.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting, please send them to email@example.com by 5pm, Thursday 30 September 2021.
- Now: Call for Nominations for Executive Council representatives issued to Members
- 16 September: Deadline for nominations to be received
- 23 September: List of nominees to be issued to EdTechNZ Members and electronic voting commences
- 30 September: Any proposed notices, motions or remits to be advised to EdTechNZ
- 7 October: Online voting closes
- 21 October: Annual Meeting, results of online voting announced.